Open call coming soon!
We are currently adjusting our selection process.
A new call for applications will open by the end of January 2019. Please, check back later for updates.
If you consider a PhD project OUTSIDE the IMPRS, please contact relevant research groups at the Max Planck Institute directly.
In order to join our PhD program, you need to have a master degree (or the equivalent German Diplomarbeit).
Meanwhile, if you want to start preparing your application, we require the usual documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Motivation letter (one page!) explaining why you want to join the IMPRS, what are your research interests, which research group you aim to join and what do you want to accomplish at the school
- Certified copies of your diplomas and grades (in German or English);
- Names, emails and telephones from two references (academic and/or professional);
- Proof of English proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL exams. In case you graduated at an officially English-speaking program, you are exempted from this demand!).
- Before applying, we strongly advise you to carefully navigate through our research groups, identify your personal interests and get familiar with the different lines of research at the IMPRS ProEng.