Resilience Training for Researchers
Transferable Skills Course - Resilience Training for Researchers
- Start: Sep 18, 2023 04:00 PM c.t. (Local Time Germany)
- End: Nov 17, 2023 04:00 PM
- Location: Online Training
- Host: IMPRS
Many researchers find the stress of academia challenging. After all, researchers tend to taste failure more often than success in their day-to-day experiments. Constantly thinking about your research (especially outside of working hours), the pressure to publish and the uncertainty about the next position are likely some of the factors that make researchers more prone to mental health conditions than other professional groups. The 2019 Wellcome Trust Mental Health Survey revealed that one in two researchers have had or are currently seeking professional help for mental health challenges.
Therefore, it is crucial to equip researchers with the skills to build personal resilience to deal with stress and setbacks constructively. Different from what many people believe, resilience is a skill that anyone can learn. This workshop provides the tools and techniques that will teach you sustainable, resilience-building habits.
Past participants report significant increases in their resilience scores (from lowest to the third quartile), higher energy levels (86%) and motivation (86%), improved ability to deal with setbacks (95%) and resolving conflicts (91%). More information and interviews with past participants are available here: https://mindmatters.pro/researchers/resilience-training/
- Weekly 2-hour live workshops via Zoom video conference hosted by two experienced mental health facilitators, including interactive breakout sessions with your peers
- Self-study workbooks with evidence-based resilience boosting strategies with actionable feedback on weekly course assignments on a dedicated private community platform
- Private community that allows you to interact with peers and exchange additional resources
- On-demand resource area with workshop recordings, workbooks and additional resources
- Personal Resilience Indicator (PRI) diagnostic with a personalized report at the beginning and end of the training
This training is for you if you can attend all nine live workshops, are willing to explore what’s driving your mental health with a curious and open mind, are ready to roll up your sleeves to work with the tools and techniques and willing to engage/interact with the trainers and your peers on these topics.
This training is not for you if you are just looking for information on resilience, cannot take the time to attend the workshops and implement the techniques, or are unwilling to discuss topics around mental health openly and submit the weekly assignments in the private community.
Please note that this is a training and not a substitute for treatment by a mental health professional.
Start: Monday, September 18, 2023
Duration: weekly Monday workshops via zoom @16:00-18:00 CET (Berlin) for 9 consecutive weeks (Sep 18 - Nov 17)
Time required: approx. 3-4 hours each week (incl. workshops)
Please set aside 1 hour in the week before the course (week of Sep 11) to complete the onboarding process
Certificate: Issued upon completion (requires attendance of workshops and completion of weekly assignments)
Trainers: Dr. Nadine Sinclair and Paul Sinclair (Mind Matters)
We hold an informal (optional) info meeting for those interested in participating in the Resilience Training to ask any questions ahead of the final sign-up deadline.
Register here: https://www.mpi-magdeburg.mpg.de/3354215/registration!