METT VIII - 8th Workshop on Matrix Equations and Tensor Techniques
This workshop is the eighth in a series of workshops on matrix equations and tensor techniques and takes place at the Max Planck Institute Magdeburg. As in the previous meetings, the focus will be on the latest developments in the theory, computation and applications of linear and nonlinear matrix equations and tensor equations.
In the spirit of the workshop, rooms for discussions will be available for the entire duration of the meeting.
- Peter Benner (Max Planck Institute, Magdeburg, Germany)
- Heike Faßbender (Technische Universität Braunschweig, Germany)
- Lars Grasedyck (Aachen University, Germany)
- Daniel Kressner (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Beatrice Meini (Università di Pisa, Italy)
- Valeria Simoncini (Università di Bologna, Italy)
Local Organizing Committee
- Jens Saak
- Davide Palitta
- Janine Holzmann
The workshop will start on November 6th, 2019 at 14:00 and it will end on November 8th, 2019 at 13:00. On November 6th we will meet at the RIFF for a get-together in a pleasant atmosphere at night.
The poster session will take place on November 7th, 2019 in the afternoon together with a coffee break.
The social dinner is scheduled on November 7th, 2019 at the Wenzel Prager Bierstuben, that is located in the city center.
A detailed program can be found here.
The registration fee amounts to 50€ and it includes 4 coffee breaks, and 2 lunch buffets (Thu. 07/11/2019 / Fri. 08/11/2019), as well as refreshment drinks.
Payment is expected in advance via bank transfer.
For all details see, here
For cancellations after October 27, 2019 we cannot refund the registration fee.
All the participants are invited to present their own work at the workshop by either a talk or a poster presentation. To this end, we ask you to submit a short abstract via the registration system by September 30th, 2019.
The length of the talks is set to 25 minutes, 20 mins for the presentation plus additional 5 mins for questions.
The poster session (Thu. 07/11/2019, afternoon) will last two hours and will start with a poster blitz, where all poster-presenters have two minutes each to give a brief overview of their posters. The use of pdf slides during the poster blitz is encouraged. Posters can be hung for the entire duration of the workshop at the descretion of the presenter.
Depending on the number of submitted talks/posters, we may ask some presenters to switch the nature of their presentation.
Student Travel Awards
Due to the generous sponsoring by the MathCoRe graduate school we can offer 5 student travel awards of up to 400€ each. Applicants will need to provide the following information:
- abstract for their contribution
- short motivation letter
- recommendation letter by their advisor
The application is due together with the abstract submission.
Deadline for submitting an abstract: 30/09/2019.
Deadline for submitting a travel award application: 30/09/2019.
Deadline for registration: 11/10/2019.
- artHotel (distance to MPI 2.2 km, distance to social dinner 200 m)
- B&B Hotel (distance to MPI 2.6 km, distance to social dinner 400 m)
- Herrenkrug Parkhotel (distance to MPI 3.3 km, distance to social dinner 5.4 km)
- Intercity Hotel (distance to MPI 2.4 km, distance to social dinner 400 m)
- Maritim Hotel (distance to MPI 2.2 km, distance to social dinner 200 m)
- Motel One (distance to MPI 1.9 km, distance to social dinner 400 m)
- Ratswaage Hotel (distance to MPI 1.4 km, distance to social dinner 850 m)
- Sleep&Go Hotel (distance to MPI 600 m, distance to social dinner 2.6 km)
- Youth Hostel (distance to MPI 2.2 km, distance to social dinner less than 20 m)
- 2005 Leipzig
- 2007 Chemnitz
- 2009 Braunschweig
- 2011 Aachen
- 2013 Lausanne
- 2015 Bologna
- 2017 Pisa