CSC group retreat May 8th - 11th, 2019
2019 Workshop topic is "Identification, simulation and control of complex dynamical systems from Data"
The workshop starts at 4.30 pm on May 8th, 2019 and ends on Saturday May 11th, 2019. Download program here.
The meeting takes place at the "Schloss Ringberg" in Tegernsee Hills. The Ringberg Castle is located in the Bavarian Alps, 50 km south of Munich, on a foothill overlooking the Tegernsee.
The site can accommodate 45 participants. Further information about the hotel can be found here.
Way to the castle,Directions here.
- Dr. Tobias Breiten (University of Graz); A low-rank in time approach for the differential Riccati equation
- Prof. Dr. Tobias Damm (TU Kaiserslautern); On indefinite damping and gyroscopic stabilization
- Dr. Sergey Dolgov (Bath University); Tensor product approximation of high-dimensional Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman equations
- Prof. Serkan Gugercin (Virginia Tech); Data-driven modeling for solving nonlinear eigenvalue problems and estimating dispersion curves
- Dr. Michael Hinze und Carmen Gräßle (Universität Hamburg); Adaptivity in simulation based model order reduction
- Dr. Boris N. Khoromskij (Max Planck Institute Leipzig); Range-separated tensor format for computation of electrostatics in many-particle systems
- Dr. Patrick Kürschner (KU Leuven); Tensor methods for finding roots of polynomials
- Prof. Dr. Martin Stoll (TU Chemnitz); The Graph Laplacian: Semi-supervised learning, PDEs, and eigenvectors
Each talk will be of 30-45 minutes of “hot topic” on recent research.
The full participants list is here.
A bus travelling from Magdeburg to the Castle and back is organized. The bus leaves on May 8th, 2019 at 7.45 am in front of MPI Magdeburg and departs on May 11th, 2019 at 9.30 am from the Castle. If you cannot take the bus, please inform the organizers. Directions here.
The criteria for judging the work:
- Importance of the work.
- Novelty of the work.
- Level of completion of the work.
- Ability of the presenter to explain the work.