Job offer from July 21, 2020
ContiVir is a research & technology transfer project at the Max Planck Institute (MPI) for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems in Magdeburg with the objective of developing a technology-based startup for the manufacture of viral gene therapies. Gene therapies are considered to be the next medical revolution against a wide variety of diseases, many of which are still untreatable today.
ContiVir uses disruptive new technologies developed at the MPI capable of producing viral vectors for gene therapies at least ten times more efficiently compared to current manufacturing systems.
Join our team as a Student Assistant Position (m/f/d) to help us produce state-of-the-art biotherapeutics using advanced engineering strategies.
- A great working environment in a small and highly motivated team
- Working contract with up to 20 hours per week
- Flexibility with working hours to suit your lecture schedule
- Rewarding laboratory work in an interesting field of science
- The opportunity to be part of a spin-off project
- The chance to interact and to learn with a team of international engineers and technicians
Responsibilities and duties
- You will assist with the maintenance and characterization of upstream and downstream processing operations such as bioreaction, filtration and chromatography, as well with analytical assays and general laboratory work.
- You will generate written and/or oral reports for the team members. You will join short weekly meetings with your supervisor(s) to plan future activities.
- An enthusiastic and proactive participation is expected. Positive attitude towards research and development is expected.
- Fluent in English language, knowledge of German language is a plus
- Background in life sciences, biology, biotechnology or process engineering
- Excellent intercultural understanding and experience
- Motivation and commitment
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
The Max Planck Society strives for gender equality and diversity within its workforce.
Send us your CV and a letter of motivation in English to: email@example.com
Otto-von-Guericke Universität Magdeburg
Geb. 25, 39106
Tel: +49 391 6110 207
Tel: +49 391 6754 679
Please note the information regarding storage of personal data: