Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems, Magdeburg
Structural and Cell Biology Chemistry Complex Systems
Type of Job
Scientific and Technical Assistance
Master Thesis (Biotechnology / Chemical Engineering / Bioengineering)
Job offer from October 24, 2017
Master Thesis / Internship in Biotechnology / Chemical Engineering / Bioengineering with the topic "Advanced development of sugar nucleotide regeneration cascades" offered by the Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems, Magdeburg.
Glycosylation is an important modification of proteins, and is involved in the regulation of biological activity and stability of many proteins. At the MPI Magdeburg, an in-vitro enzyme cascade is build up to produce lipid-linked oligosaccharides - precursors for protein glycosylation. The cascade relies on efficient sugar nucleotide regeneration. The focus of the project will be on recombinant production of enzymes in microbial systems and downstream processing. The candidates will have the opportunity to work on key technologies and use state-of-the-art equipment. In-depth supervision and training will be provided by MPI staff.
- Background in Biotechnology, Technical Biology, Bioprocess Engineering, Molecular Biology
- Good experience of lab works and ideally, experience with protein expression and downstream processing
- Motivation, curiosity and ability to work in a team
- Exciting research projects and the opportunity to develop key technologies
- First-class supervision and thorough training by our staff
- Training on state-of-the-art equipment for biotechnological research and development
- Acquisition of expertise in a key technology of the future
Applications in German or English are welcome. Please include your CV and transcript of records.
Dr. Thomas Rexer E-Mail: email@example.com Phone: +49 (0) 391 6110 375
Reza Mahour, MSc E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +49 (0) 391 6110 371
Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems Sandtorstr. 1 39106 Magdeburg Germany