- Bioprocess Engineering
in animal cell culture and virus production
- Analytical methods
(amino acid analysis by anion exchange chromatography and pulsed amperometric
detection, intracellular metabolites, ...)
- Biocatalysis and
- Born 1972 in Friedrichshafen (Germany)
- Lived from 1974-1991 in Noordwijk (The Netherlands)
- Studies of Technical Biology from 1991-1997 at the
University of Stuttgart (Germany)
- Diploma Thesis "Purification and characterisation of
an epoxide hydrolase from Nocardia sp. EH1" at the Institute for
Biochemical Engineering, University of
(Prof. C. Syldatk) IBVT Stuttgart
in cooperation with Prof. K. Faber, University of Graz, Austria. University Graz
- From 1997-2000: Ph.D. Thesis in the "Biocatalysis and
Chemistry" group (CNRS) of Dr. R. Furstoss at the University of the
Mediterranean, Marseille, France.
enantiopure 2-, 3- and 4-pyridyloxirane via epoxide hydrolase catalyzed
hydrolytic kinetic resolution"
- Since January 2001 member of the Bioprocess Engineering
group at the Max-Planck-Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems, responsible for the upstream processing group.
- 2009 Habilitation
"Upstream processing issues in influenza vaccine production using animal
cell technology" at the "Fakultät für Verfahrens- und Systemtechnik"
- Since June 2013 elected member of the Scientific Council of the Max Planck Society (Chemistry, Physics and Technology Section)
- Since June 2013 elected member of the Executive Committee of the European Society for Animal Cell Technology (ESACT
), since June 2015 secretary of this board.
- 2007 Cologne Bioinnovation Award 2007 - best poster at the European Bioperspectives 2007-
"Vero or MDCK cells for influenza A virus production in microcarrier systems?"
C. Dietzsch, Y. Genzel, U. Reichl
- 1997-2000 Fellowship from DSM (The Netherlands)
- 1998 Procope project between Germany and France: 1
month guest researcher at the Institute for Biotechnology II, Forschungszentrum
"Optimization of reaction conditions
by a genetic algorithm for the bioconversion of p-Cl-styrene oxide and
2-pyridyloxirane by enzymatic extract of A. niger LCP48.521" biotechnology in Jülich
Organisationseinheit (Abteilung, Gruppe, Einrichtung):
- Max-Planck-Institut für Dynamik komplexer technischer Systeme