Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems, Magdeburg
Structural and Cell Biology Chemistry Complex Systems
Type of Job
Master Thesis in Biotechnology
Job offer from January 22, 2018
The Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems, Magdeburg, offers a Masters Thesis with the topic of Glycosylation (Biotechnology).
Glycosylation is an important modification of proteins, and is involved in the regulation of biological activity and stability of many proteins. At the MPI Magdeburg, enzyme cascade are engineered to produce lipid-linked oligosaccharides and nucleotide sugars - precursors for in-vitro glycoengineering.
The candidates will have the opportunity to work on key technologies and use state-of-the-art equipment. In-depth supervision and training will be provided by MPI staff.
- Background in Biotechnology, Technical Biology, Bioprocess Engineering, Bioengineering
- Good experience of lab works and ideally, experience with protein expression
- Motivation, curiosity and ability to work in a team
- Exciting research projects and the opportunity to develop key technologies
- First-class supervision and thorough training by our staff
- Training on state-of-the-art equipment for biotechnological research and development
- Acquisition of expertise in a key technology of the future
Applications in German or English are welcome. Please include your CV and transcript of records.
Start: Spring 2018
Dr. Thomas Rexer
Phone: +49 391 6110-375
Reza Mahour, MSc
Phone: +49 391 6110-371